Sunday, March 30, 2008

Vacation should be a vacation for everyone, right?

Well, in true fashion, I was equipped with yet another rediculous outfit that everyone ooohed and awed at. Really? I'm a dog, let me be a dog! At my age, I mostly sit around and expend as little energy as possible. Watching all of these people running so much made me tired. I don't understand why you would do that to yourself. Why not just lay on a pillow in the sun?



Lisbon was ok, I guess. I expected a little more from my "people" and would have preferred a little more alone time...but it was nice (if you don't count me being stuck under a table at Hard Rock Cafe with a fleece over my head where I could barely breath so my family could eat). My mom took me everywhere in that bag my dad got her...it was nice to not have to walk so much, but staring at people's stomachs is not exactly "living the dream." They did give me the opportunity to try the Portuguese beer, though. I didn't feel like it, I figured someone had to be the sober one in this family.

I have to say listening to the goofs around me butcher Portuguese was quite entertaining, especially after said beers...Abriggado flows like wine at that point. I tried to appease my parents as much as possible on this trip, i.e. I didn't bark at all of the nonsense going on around me, I only chased pigeons when I was "going potty," and I didn't beg for food unless they put me in a chair at the table. What do you expect, I am a dog! I think as far as trips go this one was up there. It was warm, I didn't have any high expectations, and I had special treatment because Aunt Kelly and my grandparents hadn't seen me in a while. The only thing that stunk was the rediculous beds my parents and I slept in at the "cost-efficient" hotel. It was really crappy! Through some euro out there and get better beds next time...it isn't that difficult!

One upside is I've now ridden in planes, trains and automobiles...that's more than your dog can say!

No comments: