Sunday, March 30, 2008

Be Careful Where You Fall Asleep

I'm running, darting, trying as hard as I can to get out of her reach. She's gaining on me, with all of her fox-like characteristics. She pants, even yelps if I turn. All I know is I don't want her near me. I fake a left, swerve to the right just in time to make it in front of an oncoming car. My heart is racing, and I'm becoming erratic. I run in circles, whimpering, trying to find my way out of this. I can't make her stop...her pursuit is deafening. I know she's going to reach me, there isn't anything I can do. I start to make noises, doing my best to defend myself. These noises are so surreal, even to me...hiccups, barks, whimpers. I don't know where the are coming from, but they scare her. Just as I think I've won, she lunges and starts biting my feet. I snarl and bite back, just as my mom yells "Gigi, get off her." I wake up, groggy still, but awake enough to realize it was all a bad dream...and my parents were taping it. This is such a violation of my privacy, but even I think it's kind of funny.



1 comment:

Burkett Family said...

I love it!! I love your story-telling abilities as well :)